Over the years, there has been a rise in the number of vehicles being detected as unregistered and motorists are confused about the registration process and their rights. Furthermore, New South Wales motorists are required to have an e-safety check, better known colloquially as a pink slip, when registering a motor vehicle in NSW. Furthermore, if your vehicle passes the inspection, your mechanic will give you a pink slip for certifying that the car is in good working order and is safe to drive. Besides, you can find a plethora of companies offering pink slip inspection services in Annandale.
Furthermore, instead of stressing about whether your car will pass the pink slip inspection, you need to take some proactive steps to answer this on your own. Read on to find out five tips to pass the pink slip inspection.
- Lights- Do your headlights, brake light and reverse lights work? Being visible is one of the most important aspects of driving on roads. Furthermore, the easiest way to check these is to have someone outside the car to check while you test.
- The horn- Without a doubt, the horn is one of the most important safety features of the car. Furthermore, if your horn doesn’t work, make sure you fix or replace it.
- Oil leaks- Most people don’t realise they have an oil leak because they are never home to see the oil patch where the car is parked. Furthermore, a simple degrease from top to bottom will keep things neat and tidy.
- Cracks in the windshield- One of the major factors that you need to take into account for passing the pink slip inspection is checking whether there are any cracks in the windshield. Furthermore, if the size of the crack in the windshield is more than 7cm, make sure you replace the windscreen before taking your car for pink slip inspection.
- Wipers- Last but certainly not the least is, checking whether the wipers are working properly. Furthermore, make sure you check whether the wiper properly removes the water from the windshield.
While these were some of the tips and tricks for passing the pink slip inspection in Annandale, there are many others, such as rust, seatbelts, doors among many others.