It is time to take a look at what happened in the previous 12 months and reflect on what that can tell us for the year ahead as we head out with the smash repairs job.
Let us now have a look at some main takeaways that have been developing not just in the last year over the past several years for the starters:
It has increased by 60% in the last 10 years when it comes to the average length of vehicle ownership for both the new and used vehicles.
The independent repair shops perform about 75% of the aftermarket smash repair work while the other 25% is done at the dealership.
For the large franchise smash repair businesses, the consumer trend is towards favouring this.
So, what do the trends mean here in 2021? Let’s check them out.
Car Owners Seek Longevity with Smash Repairs
People are driving their vehicles longer as we see. Thanks to the vehicle technology that keeps the cars on the road are what the reason here is. As they own before purchasing the other one, is also the reason why people want to extract as much as value.
For drivers, it is not cheap. To keep the car running, repairs on older vehicles cost more for services like:
- Changing the air filter
- Replacing the oil filter
- Using a fuel additive
- Changing the spark plugs
- Using a more premium oil
- Changing the oil more often
People driving new cars are more interested to keep up their appearances with things like glass cleaners, tire dressing, tire foams, and wax/polish on the other hand.
Popular Smash Repairs Services
Clear lines are starting to form as to where consumers prefer to go for certain services as people have more options for where to get their repairs job.
Smash Repairs Dealership
Oil changes, tire rotations, air filter replacements and car washes are the most common services that are included here.
Oil changes, filter replacements, and wiper replacements are the common services that are included here.
You would be found at the dealership or a quick lube as people are most likely to select a repair shop for the brakes, engine repair, electrical systems, inspections, cooling system, AC/heating and steering/suspension/alignment in addition to offering the same services.
The most common service that people choose tire shops are the new tires, tire repair, rotation/balance, and steering/suspension/alignment finally. This is the data that is really suggesting people look for expertise while taking care of their vehicle is working fine or not.
What Consumers Want with Smash Repairs
It does not stop at the different services that the consumers are selecting from as they are dividing between the dealerships, repair facilities, quick lubes, and the tire shops. Here it can vary a lot.
When they are going to the dealership as people are looking for a clean shop, a warranty or guarantee with the feeling that they know the complete vehicle history when they are going dealership as people are looking for a clean shop, with a warranty or guarantee.
As the repairs people select to have the performance done there are a lot more complex as the smash repairs shops have the toughest road to earning the consumer trust so far.